function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christoffer OliveiraChristoffer Oliveira 

Messaging for In-App and Web Setup

I am trying to setup Messaging for Web (not in-app at this stage). I am following the setup here (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.miaw_setup_stages.htm&type=5) but cannot test the functionality for whatever reason. I have created a VF page with the code snippet from the embedded service deployment but the page is blank or the chat button that is displayed is unresponsive. 
Agent is available in omni to accept Messages

Has anyone had any lucky with getting this working?
Best Answer chosen by Christoffer Oliveira
Hi everyone!

My problem was with CORS authorizations.

Even though I already had *.force.com in CORS I still had to put my entire domain on my site with livestream and force.com without abbreviations of *.

After that it worked!

All Answers

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Christoffer,
Do you see any error in the browser console when the chat button is unresponsive? Thanks

Hi Swetha, thanks for replying!

No, no errors appear in the browser or console. The button looks as if it was working normally but does not appear.
I also tried to create it with the Experience Builder, I created a website and put the Embeded Messaging element. The same thing happens.

Here the button even appears, but after publishing it does not exist on the site.

Here the button even appears, but after publishing it does not exist on the site.

Hi everyone!

My problem was with CORS authorizations.

Even though I already had *.force.com in CORS I still had to put my entire domain on my site with livestream and force.com without abbreviations of *.

After that it worked!
This was selected as the best answer