function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Todd DeRosa 4Todd DeRosa 4 

When I add a namespace to my developer account (with financial service cloud), suddenly any attempt to create a person account is met with this error: ValidationException: Your account record type is missing, a duplicate, or invalid

I tested this with a fresh developer instance.  Install financial service cloud, then create a person account...all is good.  Then go to package manager and create a namespace, try to create, or update a person account (or any account) and you get: FinServ.AccountTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: FinServ.MoiExceptionWrapper.ValidationException: Your account record type is missing, a duplicate, or invalid. Ask your admin to check the individual record type configurations in Setup. (FinServ)
Best Answer chosen by Todd DeRosa 4
Michael J SturgisMichael J Sturgis
We are having the same issue.  Prior to adding the Namespace, creating (or editing) an Account or Contact Record in Financial Service Cloud was not an issue. As soon as we added the Namespace, we have been unable to Create or Edit Account or Contact Records.  We've created a Package for GA and are on hold penidng resolution of this issue.  We spun up another Financial Service Cloud Dev Org and ran into the same issue.

All Answers

Michael J SturgisMichael J Sturgis
We are having the same issue.  Prior to adding the Namespace, creating (or editing) an Account or Contact Record in Financial Service Cloud was not an issue. As soon as we added the Namespace, we have been unable to Create or Edit Account or Contact Records.  We've created a Package for GA and are on hold penidng resolution of this issue.  We spun up another Financial Service Cloud Dev Org and ran into the same issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Inna NolanInna Nolan
Now even in medicine, one cannot do without the digitalization of many processes. Making an appointment with a doctor is one such process - you just go to the site and make an appointment. And that's it. Recently in the article https://computools.com/financial-industry/ I read about the benefits of digitalizing such processes and why this is normal. I was pleased with what I saw.
yulver patweryulver patwer
When adding a namespace to your developer account, specifically in the context of using Financial Service Cloud, you may encounter an issue when attempting to create a person account. This issue manifests as a ValidationException with the error message stating, "Your account record type is missing, a duplicate, or invalid." To illustrate this, let's consider an example involving a fictional business called Sparklers Online. Imagine that after adding a namespace to your developer account, any attempt to create a person account for Sparklers Online triggers the mentioned error. This error indicates that there is an issue with the account record type associated with Sparklers (https://www.sparklersonline.com/) Online, possibly due to it being missing, duplicated, or invalid. This error message serves as a prompt for you to investigate and resolve the problem with the account record type configuration in order to successfully create person accounts for Sparklers Online and any other affected entities.