function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kranthi Tamada 1Kranthi Tamada 1 

Exclude our E2CP Context User (Support Integration) in the formula?

Hi All,

We are using E2CP for creating cases through email. But we notice that the cases are not getting created by emailing to 'support@XXX.com'.

I was able to capture a debug log, and I received the following error: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Product, Component, Version]: [Product, Component, Version]
Recently we have made changes in cases. But it is necessary to keep them as mandatory (required) fields.
In this is the case, we can certainly achieve this with Validation Rules on those fields, making sure to exclude our E2CP Context User (Support Integration) in the formula. 

Could anyone suggest how to exclude E2CP Context User by using of Validation Rules and Formula?

Thanks in Advance.
Kranthi.T

Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kranthi,

Did you made the fields mandatory while creating them ? You have to remove the required checkbox first then have to implement validation rule.

Also Can you confirm what type of fields are the new fields created by you?

Are you okay to remove the fields required?

Thanks,

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the quick response.

No Praveen, required fields are mandatory. These 3 fields are dependent fields and I just make them required fields only.

Hi Kranthi,

As the fields are made mandatory at the field level we cannot control them using validation rules. 

We can make them mandatory even using Validation rule as well. 

Thanks.

Thank you Praveen.
Hi Krathi,

Do you have any questions on it. If no you can close the question by marking it as best answer.

Thanks,