function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chinna r 5chinna r 5 

Lookup relationship not working

Hi,
I have object A have l2 ook up relationships fields  to object B and C. We select object B from lookup relationship A ,create new records of Object C they look up relationship.
Now Object B should be related to A when we select the object relationship.instread we have to manually go to object C and then to it's related tab and the relate object B to C they look up relatiorelationship.
I. Other words Object A have lookup relationship to objects B ,C.
Object C have related tab object D and have look up relationship to B.

Whenever we create object C records from object A, object C is not related to B.Instead manually have to go to Object C related tab and then go to object D which has look up relationship to B and then relate to Object B manually creating  object D records.Hete object C and D have master detail relationship.
Can this be done thru automation to achieve that whenever C object record is created it should relate to Object B.If so please explain in detailed steps please?

Thanks 
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hey,

Hope you are doing good. 

Requirement seems to be very connfusing. It will be good to undersatnd if you can break them part by part with some example.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya Ranjan

chinna r 5chinna r 5
Sure. Say for example we have Request, Account,Customer,Access objects.
Request have  look up relationship to Customer ,Account objects.whever we create a Request record we have 2 look up relationship fields i.e one to Account,other to Customer.There is restriction that only owner of the customer record can modify modify.
our goal is whenever we create Request record ,Customer record should be related to Account but it's not working that way.
Only way to relate Customer to Account is go to customer record and go to related tab then we have Access object ie  create Access record .Here while creating l
Access record we have look up relationship field to Account .once Access record is created we have established relationship to Account and Customer
.Note: Customer,Access have master detail relationship.

My question is Here the look up relationship in Request is not relating to Customer to Account.instead of manually going to Customer related tab  and relating customer to Account .Is there anyway that whenever Customer record is created  should automatically relate to Account 
Can this be done with OOB functionality? If yes I need detailed explanation with steps  plz

chinna r 5chinna r 5
Whever Request record is created it's not relating customer to Account.Look up relationship not working as expected.Any way to  resolve issue without custom code?
chinna r 5chinna r 5
Here Access is junction object to Customer and Account