function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Terence VibanTerence Viban 

lightning-record-edit-form limits

hi there,

I am building an application, that is pushing the limits of the platform a little. So the application should give users the possibility to process hundreds and potentially thousands of records through the UI. These records will be organized according to types ( Account, Contact, etc ) and for each type, the records will be displayed using a vertical lwc tabset as tabs.
When the users select a specific tab ( record ), a lightning-record-edit-form opens to show details of the record and the user can then work on. them.
Infact this has been built and works quite nice. But now we are trying to understand the boundaries and performance implecations of using the Lightning Data Service and  lightning-record-edit-form forms this way. Haven't been able to find anything on this in the documentation. As a example I know if I am to display data on a Visualforce pageBlockTable, my data can't have more than 1000 entries. It is this kind of info I am looking for, for Lightning Data Services and  lightning-record-edit-form.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Refer the below link will help you to proceed further.
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/237905/is-it-possible-to-display-15-000-records-in-lightning-component

If this information helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks!!
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Terence,

Please follow below url:-
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/bundle/lightning-record-edit-form/specification

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
hi AnKaiah,

Thanks for taking a shot. I appreciate it

The information behind the link you shared explores the possibilities of retrieving and displaying 15 000 records. This is something I have done in lwc and even gave the users a possibilty to customize the pagesize among other things using Custom Metadata Types.
The essense of this question is something entirely different. The application I am building should allow users to potentially EDIT thousands of records through the UI.
I have built and tested this with less than a 1000 records and it works well even though it has poor performance which I guess is to be expected with my current design.
So the main question is, what are the limitations of Ligtning Data Services and lightning-record-edit-form? and is there documentation on this?

Hi Mukesh,

thanks for the link. That is the link tp the documentation which I went through before posting my question. What I am trying to achieve goes way beyond the basic examples in the documentation and what I am specifically interested in like the limits, are not documented at all.

Cheers