function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The NewbieThe Newbie 

Need Help with process builder query

I have two field based on that i have send an email out

Field 1- Case Type - Esclation Issue
Field 2- Item Type - Shouldn't be editable if the Case Type is Escalation Issue

Both are picklist value, plz can someone help with this.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

As when creating a process builder or flow salesforce it self is suggesting to create the functionality with flow.Are you okay to go with flow?

Go with the flow! With Flow Builder, the future of low-code automation, you can do everything you do with Process Builder—and more! Salesforce plans to retire Process Builder and recommends building automation in Flow Builder. Tell Me More

So this should be on Case object and what are the conditions (when the record is created or update) and whom should the email be triggered.

Can you confirm the above information as well.

Thanks,

The NewbieThe Newbie
@Sai Praveen - Thanks for the response, there is email alert sent out 

Conditions:
Case origin - Mechanics - picklist 
Case Frist Name - Mechanics - string
Case type - Esclation Issue - picklist
Item Type - If the Case type is Esclation Issue then i should'nt be editable - picklist
Hi,

Thanks for confirmartion on requirement whom should the email be sent? and Is there existing process builder or are you trying to create the new once and is it on Case object?

Thanks.
The NewbieThe Newbie
@sai Praveen - This new one and it is a case object and the email should be sent out tht contact email
Hi,

Can you try the flow similar to below.

Go to setup-> Flow-> Create new flow of type Record Triggered flow.

now in the start condition give the object name as Case and Configure Trigger as per your request and set the entry condition as below.

User-added image
After start condition click on Plus symbol and select action and search for Email where you will find Send email. please select option.

Now add the name of the component and subject and body as some sample text and set the email as below.
User-added image

Once both are done the flow should look like below.

User-added image Now save the flow and activate it .

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,
The NewbieThe Newbie
@sai - item type is a picklist, but it should either show none or the user shouldn't able to edit it
Hi,

The above cannot be done with flow/Process Builder. You have to write a validation rule and if user is trying to change he will get error and it wont be able tp change it.

Thanks,