function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davidleckenbydavidleckenby 

Permission Set Question

Hi All - This is a tricky one that I am hoping to get some assistance with. We have a managed package that has some custom pages and rollup fields. There is a vendor supplied 'events admin' permission set that when users have applied all the rollups work fine. However, when using our customised permission sets the rollup calculations do not work. What I did was to clone the vendor supplied permission set and then systematically take away all of the pemissions and rights whilst checking that the roll up functionality still works. I realise this may be difficult to conceptualise from my brief overview, but the main point is that I stripped all of the CRUD object permissions, apex class access and visualforce access and everything visible from the cloned permission set and the roll up functionality works. So it is possbile that a permission set can 'carry' more infomation that can be seen purely from a UI perspective? I dont know what is going on? Can anyone assist? thank you!
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi David,

There may be chance that based on permission set license the apex class may be written to calculate the roll up summary but we can conclude that as well.

Apart from object , field , Apex and Pages access can you check system permissions as well and see.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,
davidleckenbydavidleckenby
Thank you! there is nothing in the system permissions at all.