function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssalesforce Yssalesforce Y 

How do we integrate salesforce to third party system via Mulesoft

Hi All,

How do we integrate salesforce to third party system via Mulesoft using named credentials and certificates?

We are trying to implement this functionality by invoking API Gateway proxy from Salesforce and which in turn routed to Mulesoft. 

I just want to understand how the flow works starting from creating connections  in Salesforce using Connected Apps which will generate Consumer key and secret and send these details to proxy or mulesoft. Can someone help me explain if we use certificate and password authentication instead of OAuth2.0. Where could I get the username and password details.
User-added image
In salesforce, we are creating a trigger which will callout the external service. 

Appreciate if anyone can explain me on this. Thanks!

sandeep unnikrishnansandeep unnikrishnan
do you have the EndPoint URL,Client ID and Client Secret from mulesoft ?
ssalesforce Yssalesforce Y
We have been given the Endpoint URL and API key. Not sure it is from Mulesoft or from the API gateway proxy.
Lawrence ReeceLawrence Reece
Looking for the same solution. As I want  to integrate salesforce to apk blink (https://apkblink.com/). Although we have the user and end Url. But facing issue in it. I also tried to integrate through api but that is getting too much time in approving. what to do now?