function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

MFA impact on tech(api) users and generic users(4 peole using same credentials)

Hello,
In my org many users are connecting with the salesforce licneces and many users are using same id for connection.
I wanted to implement MFA and how will this impact these usrs please 

and i have techncial users or API uers, how this will impact hem too
Best Answer chosen by Ab
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Sandrine, As mentioned in https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000352937&type=1

Some of our users share a single Salesforce account. How can we implement MFA?

Salesforce prohibits sharing user credentials with multiple users. Before you can satisfy the MFA requirement, you need to resolve any shared accounts or credentials that are in use. This practice is incompatible with MFA because each user must register and connect a unique verification method to their Salesforce account before they can log in. If multiple users are sharing a single account, only one person will be able to log in to that account after MFA is enabled.

To proceed with MFA, make sure you have enough licenses to set up separate accounts for each person who needs to access your Salesforce products. If you need help setting up unique user accounts, contact your Account Executive or Sales team. Or refer to Salesforce Checkout and Self Service to Manage Your Account.

The article also says,

The MFA requirement doesn’t apply to system integration login types via the API.

MFA is required if admins or anyone else logs in to integration user (also known as API user) accounts – even if it’s only to first set up the user or to perform occasional maintenance tasks such as changing passwords or updating security tokens. These types of users are often highly privileged, so it’s important to use MFA to protect human access to these accounts.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you

All Answers

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Sandrine, As mentioned in https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000352937&type=1

Some of our users share a single Salesforce account. How can we implement MFA?

Salesforce prohibits sharing user credentials with multiple users. Before you can satisfy the MFA requirement, you need to resolve any shared accounts or credentials that are in use. This practice is incompatible with MFA because each user must register and connect a unique verification method to their Salesforce account before they can log in. If multiple users are sharing a single account, only one person will be able to log in to that account after MFA is enabled.

To proceed with MFA, make sure you have enough licenses to set up separate accounts for each person who needs to access your Salesforce products. If you need help setting up unique user accounts, contact your Account Executive or Sales team. Or refer to Salesforce Checkout and Self Service to Manage Your Account.

The article also says,

The MFA requirement doesn’t apply to system integration login types via the API.

MFA is required if admins or anyone else logs in to integration user (also known as API user) accounts – even if it’s only to first set up the user or to perform occasional maintenance tasks such as changing passwords or updating security tokens. These types of users are often highly privileged, so it’s important to use MFA to protect human access to these accounts.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
This was selected as the best answer
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Sandrine,

MFA will allow only one user per org according their authentication process. Please have a look on below salesforce url that will help for more understanding, I hope you like it.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/identity_login/identity_login_2fa

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh