function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Singh 2702Amit Singh 2702 

what happen when detail record is deleted in Master detail Relationship ?

Best Answer chosen by Amit Singh 2702
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Amit,

No Impact on Mater side

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Amit,

When master is deleted it’s all detail records are also deleted.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000352013&type=1

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Vineela ProddaturuVineela Proddaturu
Hi Amit,
If you delete a 'master-detail' relationship, it will revert to a 'lookup' and you can expect the following repercussions:

1.You cannot easily revert the field back to master-detail, unless all child objects have a specified parent.
2.Child records will no longer be automatically deleted when the parent record is deleted.
3.The security of the custom object will have to be set as it will no longer inherit the security of the parent.
4.The report type that was setup upon the master-detail relationship creation will no longer be accessible. You can get around this by building your own custom report type, however all the reports that were run with the prior report type will no longer be accessible either. When you try to access a report that was run with a report type that is no longer accessible, you will receive an error that reads: "Obsolete Report". This goes the same for 5.if you change a standard look up to a master-detail.
6.Roll-up summary fields on the 'master' object that references the 'detail' will need to be deleted in order to change the field type to a Lookup.
Cross-object field updates will no longer be available for workflows

If the above information is helpful, please mark it as Best Answer.
Vaddi Kasulu PinniboinaVaddi Kasulu Pinniboina
Hi Amit,
A master-detail relationship is a stricter relationship, where the children (detail records) are tied to the parent (master). They can’t be moved to another master and deleting the master will delete all of it’s children.
and comming to your question 
If we delete the detail record, no effect on master record(master will remain).
Thanks.
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Amit,

No Impact on Mater side

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
This was selected as the best answer
Fareedh ShaikFareedh Shaik
Hi Amit,

If you delete a 'master-detail' relationship, it will revert to a 'lookup' and you can expect the following repercussions: You cannot easily revert the field back to master-detail, unless all child objects have a specified parent. Child records will no longer be automatically deleted when the parent record is deleted.

If the above information is helpful, please mark it as Best Answer.

**Fareedh