function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paula Vogler 27Paula Vogler 27 

error trying to convert a javascript button to Lightning

I'm trying to convert a javascript button to Lightning experience using the SFDC converter but I keep getting a vague error: User-added image

So I tried coping the data in the Preview window in the converter and creating a Lightning component using the developer console but I couldn't get it to work. I've never created a Lightning component before so I'm unsure what the exact steps are. Could someone assist me?
Here's what the preview of the javascript looks like:
User-added image
So I copied that and went to dev console, selected 
File>New Lightning Component and named it and selected the Lightning Quick action checkbox (not sure if that's what I was supposed to do) then clicked submit button. Not sure what to do from there so I went to File and clicked Save. I got this error now:User-added imageI'm unsure what to do to get this javascript button working/replicated for Lightning now. any help would be appreciated. I am NOT a developer so my skills are limited.

Vinay MVinay M

Hi Paula,

As you can see in the code (line 1) it is extending " LCC_GenericLightningComponent ". Make sure you have that component in your org and try creating this component again. 

Thank you,

Vinay.

Paula Vogler 27Paula Vogler 27
Hello Vinay.
I'm not very skilled with code and I'm unsure where I would look for that component. What's more confusing is, the javascript button works fins in Classic still so I don't understand why the code is referencing a Lightning component. I did look on the same object as the button (Opportunity) under the Buttons, Links, and Actions list and did not see anythig with that name. 
I just also realized that there are 3 tabs in the Preview screen of the button in the Salesfroce Lightning converter app. 
I just took the code in the first tab it opened to (Component) but maybe I was supposed to use the code in the original cod tab instead ?

User-added image