function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bob_zBob_z 

flow error INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE bad field names on insert/update call

I have a flow that creates multiple records at once. The last record I am trying to create has record types and with each record types. When i try to create a specific record "Software" by running the flow it give me the following error.

Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Yushin_Product__c: bad field names on insert/update call: Brief_description_of_the_modification__c, Current_running_program__c, New_Errors__c.

I'm guessing this is caused by not having the record type that would associate the new software record and fields on the page.

I've tried a few different things but nothing seems to work. I am working in the new Flow Builder UI, so anything i find online doesnt match my option because the screenshot are from the old version of flow. 

below ar escreenshot of my flow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Account record creation
User-added image

Opportunity Creation
User-added image

Software record creation

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Bob_z
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal

Hi Bob,

As you are not setting any value in the Record Type Id field so the system is taking the default record type and as a result you are facing this issue. Please assign the appropriate Id in the Record Type Id field and then try to execute the flow.
Hopefully that will resolve your issue. Let me know if you still need any further help or information on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.

All Answers

Hi Bob,

As you are not setting any value in the Record Type Id field so the system is taking the default record type and as a result you are facing this issue. Please assign the appropriate Id in the Record Type Id field and then try to execute the flow.
Hopefully that will resolve your issue. Let me know if you still need any further help or information on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.

This was selected as the best answer
Bob_zBob_z
Hi Abhishek,
I was able to figure out my issue. Thank you for your help. I will mark you anwser as best. One more question though. I would i add a existing account name on my new opportunity through my flow? I've tried a couple different ideas but none have worked.

New Opportunity
Hi Bob,

What issue you are facing while adding any value for account field. I think it should be as simple as you did for other fields. Can you please let us know the issue in detail?

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.