function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CMI CMICMI CMI 

Regarding app development and Edition

Hi..
i want to develop an app in salesforce using apex RestCallouts can i develop app in Developer Edition or is this required to buy Enterprise Editon , if it is mandatory to buy license how to approach salesforce team to buy license
Mohan ChanderMohan Chander
Hi,

You can always sign up for a developer edition of salesforce to get insights into salesforce platform as a developer. (This is free). You can build your stuff here.

There is a limitation of 2 licences and data limits as well, as to how much data you can create in this org.

Regards,
Mohan
CMI CMICMI CMI
Hi mohan
Thanks for quick reply , am not asking about data and limits, can i develop an app in DE that is integration using restcallouts, data is in .net side not our end so i dont want data storage default DE storage space is enough. but am asking is it required to buy Enterprise Edition, and how to approach salesforce team.
Mohan ChanderMohan Chander
Hi CMI,

Althougth you can build an app on DE its more like test evnvironment/ Sandbox/ Developer Environment. There are limits on API calls you can do per day and many other limitations. You need to buy licences for Enterprise Edition or other edition that suits your requirement to run your business. You can get in touch with sales teams by just going to www.salesforce.com and entering you details, Salesforce will contact you or you can reach out to thier toll free number on the website.

if you still have question you can reach out to me as well.

Regards,
Mohan 
rapola.mohan@outlook.com
+91 8099801155