function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Isabell MaticIsabell Matic 

I do not know why my workflow rule is not working

Hi, I have a question about a workflow rule I have made, which are not working. 

The purpose of the workflow rule is to change an field in Contact everytime it is edited or a Contact is created. 

The rule criteria is that the field should be change when it is not equal to another field in another object which is a custom object. 

The Rule Criteria is made as a formula, and look like this:

Stripe_Status_Contact__c != TEXT( Payment_Agreement_Household__r.Stripe_Status__c)

The Stripe Status field in Contact and in the custom object Payment Agreement Household are the same, which are of type picklist.

In the workflow rule I have created an Immediate Action of type Field Update which I want to set the Stripe_Status__C field in Contact to the field Stripe_Status__C in Payment_Agreement_Household__r.

The formula looks like this: TEXT(Payment_Agreement_Household__r.Stripe_Status__c)

Because it i written: "Formula Value (Text) =" over the formula editor I should just give the value it should change to in the formula. 

There is no syntax errors in the workflow rule, but when I test it, the rule does not work, sadly. 

I much appreciate the help! Thank you! 
Best Answer chosen by Isabell Matic
Team NubesEliteTeam NubesElite
Hi Isabell Matic,
We can't use workflow rules for this because you are depending a field that is on an other object, but we can use Process Builder for this requirement

Thank You
www.nubeselite.com

Developement | Training | Consulting

Please Mark this as solution if your problem resolved.

All Answers

Team NubesEliteTeam NubesElite
Hi Isabell Matic,
We can't use workflow rules for this because you are depending a field that is on an other object, but we can use Process Builder for this requirement

Thank You
www.nubeselite.com

Developement | Training | Consulting

Please Mark this as solution if your problem resolved.
This was selected as the best answer
Rounak SharmaRounak Sharma
hi Isabell,
have you checked your debug log, if you are getting any exception there?