function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pratik Raut 14Pratik Raut 14 

What mean by "uid" parameter in salesforce URL

BASEURL/lightning/o/Opportunity__c/new?count=2&nooverride=1&uid=1569246940067&backgroundContext=...

What is uid paramter in salesforce URL?

When I creating record of custom object from Account Related list it generates above URL .What is UID ?

Thanks and Regards
Pratik Raut

Rounak SharmaRounak Sharma
hello pratik,
uid is nothing but User Id. Please find the below link for more clarity over it.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000326121&language=en_US&type=1&mode=1

Please mark it as the best answer if it helps.
Thanks
Pratik Raut 14Pratik Raut 14
It is not user Id when I creating New Opportunity from Account's related list and opportunity have single record type then I am getting that. I have 2 lookup field from Opportunity to Account. When I clicking New from Account's related list (Have 2 related list of Opportunity). So clicking on New from both related list getting different UID. It is used to autopopulate Account on Opportunity with same lookup field that we have click New on the related list.
Rounak SharmaRounak Sharma
Hello pratik,

I am sorry that I got confused over it. It is nothing but unique id. It is of 15 digits or 18digits. 18 digit is nothing but 1st 15digit is same. Last 3 digit is for case sensitive. Unique id is used to determine the record. Where 1st 3 digit is the id for the object. You can refer that url also
please let me know if it is clear now
Thanks
Sunetra PanditSunetra Pandit
Hi Pratik/Rounak, 
I have the same question. I am getting uid in URL which is 13 digit number. it is a unique value but I dont think it is the Unique Id of the record.
Also, I have observed, after Summer'20 Release this uid Parameter is getting appended for Lightning URLs.

Like -  "&c__UITheme=Theme4d&uid=1592208453642"

Can you help to identify why this getting added?

Thanks,
Sunetra
Sonali_takkeSonali_takke

Does anyone find solution to this , uid is automatically added to my lightning component url as well?

@Sunetra Pandit?

Himanshu Singh 185Himanshu Singh 185

Hi @sonali_takke, @Sunetra Pandit 

If we talk about uid(Unique Id) in salesforce, In my opinion this is unique Id of component whether it is Aura OR LWC

Thanks