function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC Developer1SFDC Developer1 

Visualforce attachment not opening/downloading

Requirement - I want my image to get download or open after clicking on link and I have 2 additional column in my table which should get updated with name of person who click on the image and time.For the two column to get update I have method in my controller which get called after clicking on the image.

Problem facing - with outputlink I am able to open/download image but it is not passing value to controller hence my two column on my VF page is not updating.

Outputlink
apex:outputlink target="_BLANK"
value="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!AttachVar.attachmentID}"  {!AttachVar.attachmentName}

<apex:actionSupport event="oncomplete" action="{!DORESupdateHistory1}">
<apex:param value="{!AttachVar.attachmentID}" name="DORESSelectedId1" assignTo="{!DORESSelectedId1}"/>
</apex:actionSupport>

</apex:outputlink >

with commandLink, It is passing value to my controller and my columns on vf page is also updating but I am not able to open/download image.
<apex:commandLink action="{!DORESupdateHistory1}"
value="{!AttachVar.attachmentName}" >
<apex:param value="{!AttachVar.attachmentID}" name="DORESupdateHistory1" assignTo="{!DORESSelectedId1}"/>
</apex:commandLink>

Controller method

public String DORESSelectedId1{get;set;}

public PageReference DORESupdateHistory1(){
        system.debug('--DORESSelectedId1---' + DORESSelectedId1);
        system.debug('--DORESSelectedId1---' + SelectedAttachmentId);
        List<Profile> Profile= [Select Name from Profile where Id =:UserInfo.getProfileId() LIMIT 1];
        list<attachment> relatedPaadAttachment = [select ID,parentID,name from attachment where ID=:DORESSelectedId1 limit 1];
        system.debug('--DORESSelectedId1---' + DORESSelectedId1);
        List<PAAD_Application_Attachment__c> ClickedAttachList1 = [Select id,Name,Type__c,CreatedDate,PAAD_Applicant__r.Name,Dores_Viewer_Name__c,Dores_Viewed_Time__c,Dores_Viewing_Status__c from PAAD_Application_Attachment__c where id = :relatedPaadAttachment[0].parentID]; //To get the clicked attachment Id
        if(ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewing_Status__c == 'Not Viewed'){
            ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewing_Status__c = 'Viewed';
            ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewed_Time__c = system.now();
            ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewer_Name__c = UserInfo.getName();
            update ClickedAttachList1;
            List<PAAD_Application_Attachment__c> viewedattach1= [SELECT Id,Dores_Viewing_Status__c FROM PAAD_Application_Attachment__c where Dores_Viewing_Status__c != 'Viewed' and PAAD_Applicant__c=:app.ID];
            List<PAAD_Application_Attachment__c> attach1 = [SELECT Id FROM PAAD_Application_Attachment__c where PAAD_Applicant__c=:app.ID];
           if(viewedattach1.size() == attach1.size()){
               List<PAAD_Applicant__c> attachcheck1= [SELECT Id,New_Dores_Attachment_Checker__c FROM PAAD_Applicant__c where ID=:app.ID];
               if(attachcheck1[0].New_Dores_Attachment_Checker__c == 'Y') {
                   attachcheck1[0].New_Dores_Attachment_Checker__c = '';
                   update attachcheck1;
               } 
           }
           List<AttachmentWrapper>  dummyWrapperList = new List<AttachmentWrapper>(); 
           for(AttachmentWrapper wrap : DORESAttachmentsWrapperList){
               if(DORESSelectedId1 !=  wrap.attachmentID){
                   dummyWrapperList.add(wrap);
               }else{
                   dummyWrapperList.add(new AttachmentWrapper(ClickedAttachList1[0].Type__c,ClickedAttachList1[0].Member__c,ClickedAttachList1[0].Description_Final__c, relatedPaadAttachment[0].ID,relatedPaadAttachment[0].name, ClickedAttachList1[0].CreatedDate,'Attached', ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewed_Time__c, ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewer_Name__c, ClickedAttachList1[0].Dores_Viewing_Status__c));    
               }
           }
           DORESAttachmentsWrapperList.clear();
           DORESAttachmentsWrapperList.addAll(dummyWrapperList);
        }  
        return null;
    }

I am able to achieve 50%-50% from each of the functionality. Is there any way to combine both the functionality like downloading image and calling method in the controller.