function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lesley QuinteroLesley Quintero 

Are there some ways to use quotas WITHOUT using Opportunity Object?

I have a client who uses and external system (higly specialized to their industry) to generate and store their sales/revenue information.  Their extrenal system and Salesforce are not conneted and there are no plans to make that happen in the near future.  At this point, their Accounts and Closed/Won sales are the only information they have loaded into Salesforce (16K records). 

The company wants to use Salesforce for Forecasting, Quotas, and Reports.  Currently the set up is Accounts (Master), Custom Object "Lanes" (child). 

I've thought of customizing the "Opportunities" object to load their "Lane" information instead of using the current Custom "Lane" Object, and setting the Stage to "Closed Won" for all records.  The client isn't interested in that option because the name "Opportunities" is confusing for the Sales Reps.

So, since we are not using the opportunities object which I need for Forecasting/Quotas/% on plan...

Can anyone think of some other options for me in regards to matching up their Quota data to reflect % on plan? 

I'm an admin.