function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sreeja gangishettysreeja gangishetty 

How to access local drives from salesforce logged in Edge browser

Hi All,

I'm trying to access the local drives or any local file from salesforce. 

I got the solution for the same, when I logged into salesforce through Google Chrome with the help of an extension named 'Local Explorer'.
I would like to know if there is an extension or any other way for Edge browser to access local files in SF.

Any response would be helpful!

Thanks in advance,
Sreeja

Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi sreeja,

I gone through your problem follow these process to access the local file in salesforce.

1. Create an account field to hold the path to the local files. We have a text field with a 255 limit. It's called Account Documents. An example value in this field would be:

C:\Users\evan.decker\Downloads

2. Create a formula field on the account for the hyperlink. Our formula is:

HYPERLINK("file://" & Account_Documents__c ,"View Documents Folder","_blank")

This field is called Click to View so that's displayed in the field label, but "View Documents Folder" is displayed as the field value because that's how the formula above is setup. The actual value of the field in this example will be:

file:///C:/Users/evan.decker/Downloads/

3. This setup will work in IE by opening up the folder directly. To enable read-only access in Chrome, users will have to install the following extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce/jjghhkepijgakdammjldcbnjehfkfmha
This extension bypasses some of the security settings in Chrome. Once it's installed and you click the link it will bring you to an index page that will allow you to access the folders and download the files.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
www.kdeepali.com

Tim Pond 6Tim Pond 6
Does this solution still work @Deepali? I've tried in both Edge and Chrome (With the extension) and not having any luck.