function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Donna Allison 2Donna Allison 2 

Need a formula to see if all picklist values are "Completed"

Hi All,

Intermediate user here. I have a custom object for Admissions Documents. Each applicant can be assigned a various number of Admission Documents. I need a formula that would look at all assigned Documents to see if they are all listed as picklist vaule "Complete". Here is what I have come up with, but it does not work.

ISPICKVAL(Admission_Document__r.Document_Status__c, "Complete")

Thanks in advance for any help.
Donna
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Donna,

As I understand your requirement, you have a multipicklist field 'Documents' with multiple values like 'Doc 1' , 'Doc 2' and 'Doc 3'
you have to set a formula field (text type) value is 'complete' when all the values of Document picklist are selected. Right?

Now you should have to make a new custom formula field named Document Status. Choose Text type and Enter the formula below into the formula field. You can change the 'Doc 1' , 'Doc 2', 'Doc 3' documents name according to you. These must be the name of Document multipicklist values.

I have set here two status values for this field- 
1. Complete
2. Pending

If(INCLUDES(Documents__c , "Doc 1") && INCLUDES(Documents__c , "Doc 2") &&
 INCLUDES(Documents__c , "Doc3") , "Complete","Pending")

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Dubedi
www.ajaydubedi.com 
Donna Allison 2Donna Allison 2
Hi Ajay,

The architect chose to make the name a text field. Most documents are created through process builder, so the names are consistent and your solution would work for those. But there are some documents that are entered manually, so there could be misspelling, extra spaces, etc. Is there a way to check if all assigned documents are complete? Even if that field was on another object, like the related application?

User-added image

Thank you
Donna