function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sean GibsonSean Gibson 

How to create a workflow rule which updates a lookup field to show the user which changes a pick list field to a certain value

Hi,

I am looking for help on how to impliment a certain piece of functionality to my org,

I have a field in my org which is a picklist, it contains various statuses - one of the statuses is 'resolved' 

I am looking to create a field and a respective workflow which, when the piclist field is changed to a certain status (resolved), the workflow triggers to show the user which changes the picklist to the respective value. 

Many thanks,
Sean
Best Answer chosen by Sean Gibson
pranav_sanvatsarkarpranav_sanvatsarkar
Hi Sean Gibson,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to specify User Id dynamically in the Workflow Action - Field Update. To implement the required functionality, you will need to Implement a process using Process Builder and action - Record Update. In the record update action, it is possible to specify User dynamically ( the user who has modified / created the record ).

Refer this link (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_action_update.htm&type=5) for basics of process and record update.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pranav Sanvatsarkar.

All Answers

pranav_sanvatsarkarpranav_sanvatsarkar
Hi Sean Gibson,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to specify User Id dynamically in the Workflow Action - Field Update. To implement the required functionality, you will need to Implement a process using Process Builder and action - Record Update. In the record update action, it is possible to specify User dynamically ( the user who has modified / created the record ).

Refer this link (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_action_update.htm&type=5) for basics of process and record update.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pranav Sanvatsarkar.
This was selected as the best answer
UttamUttam
Hi Pranav,

I'm trying to do this and the field doesnt seem update, I've create a customer field Lookup(User). It populates with the user that select the status however, it doesnt update if a different user changes the status?

Thanks