function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dominik SokołekDominik Sokołek 

Mark Checkbox if case was openend 20hrs ago or more

Hey Community,

I need to create a checkbox formula so that it will mark the checkbox 20hrs after the case was opened. I need this for the report to track service times for managers' information and the SLA for case resolution is set to 20hrs. I want to show all cases which were created more than 20hrs ago and they are still not closed.

What I got so far is this: 

HOUR(TIMENOW()) - HOUR(TIMEVALUE(CreatedDate)) > 20

It returns strange results. I am not sure whether the "20" I put, in the end, is counted as 'hours' or does it have some other value.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dominik
Raquib SFRaquib SF
Hi Dominik,

I would suggest have a look at Entitlements and see how you can use it to your advantage.
Link for reference: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=entitlements_overview.htm&type=5

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks!
Hello Raquib,

I've managed to find a solution to the above issue. 

I created the formula field, witch checkbox option and the formula is as follows:

Data TypeFormula  
((NOW() - DATETIMEVALUE( "1970-01-01 00:00:00" )) * 24) - (CreatedDate - DATETIMEVALUE( "1970-01-01 00:00:00" )) * 24 > 20

Kind regards,
Dominik
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Dominick,

I have understood your problem and got a solution for it.
Please try this formula-

IF(((NOW() - DATETIMEVALUE( "1970-01-01 00:00:00" )) * 24) - (CreatedDate - DATETIMEVALUE( "1970-01-01 00:00:00" )) * 24 > 20 , true, false)

Here DATETIMEVALUE converts the text values into date-time value.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Dubedi
www.ajaydubedi.com
Hello Dubedi,

Thank you for your suggestion. As you can see my above post I did almost the same kind of thing and it worked as well. 

Kind regards,
Dominik