function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff GillisJeff Gillis 

Converting campaign member lead to an existing opportunity and attributing campaign influence to that opportunity

Hi,

I have enabled Campaign Influences and the default/active attribution model is the out-of-the-box Even Touch model.  The timeframe for association is currently blank.

My question is around the expected functionality for attributing campaign influence on existing opportunities.  The situation is that there is a lead that is a campaign member on the campaign.  That lead has been converted to an existing account, existing contact, and existing open opportunity.  Since the opportunity is still open, I would expect that since the lead has been linked to it, it would have the campaign that the lead is a member on have some attribution to the opportunity, right?

What is am seeing is that if the lead is converted to an existing account, existing contact, and existing open opportunity, then there is no campaign influence attributed to the opportunity.  This is not what I would expect, but want to confirm.

For the other scenario of converting the lead to an existing account, existing cotact, and creating a new opportunity, then the opportunity is given campaign influence attribution.  This is expected outcome.

Can you help confirm what the expected functionality should be and why?

Thanks,
Jeff