function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaheemSamMaheemSam 

Update child and grand children records

Hi, 

Please suggest me how to update all child and grand child when parent account field is updated in account. 

Example: Each account has a parent lookup field of account. 

We created a checkbox called Global in account when this field is updated in account all its assocaited children and grand children "Global Account" checkbox should be checked please suggest me how to add this logic. Similarly when unchecked all childres and grand childrens should get "Global Account" be unchecked. 

Thanks
Sudhir 
Best Answer chosen by MaheemSam
Deepak DineshDeepak Dinesh
Hi MaheemSam,
Good Day!

You can update all the Child Accounts of the Parent Account Record by means of Process Builder itself.

1.Create the Process Builder on Account Object
2.Check the Option -->Whenever the Record is Created or Edited
3.In the Criteria node --> Give the Condition as Account --> Global Chekbox has been checked to True
4.In the Immediate Action node, choose update Records and then Choose the records as shown in the Screenshot below:
User-added image

5. Then map the Child Account Global Field to the Parent Account Global Field by means of Field reference Option.

Please mark this as best answer if this solution solves your requirements.

All Answers

Hi MaheemSam,
Good Day!

You can update all the Child Accounts of the Parent Account Record by means of Process Builder itself.

1.Create the Process Builder on Account Object
2.Check the Option -->Whenever the Record is Created or Edited
3.In the Criteria node --> Give the Condition as Account --> Global Chekbox has been checked to True
4.In the Immediate Action node, choose update Records and then Choose the records as shown in the Screenshot below:
User-added image

5. Then map the Child Account Global Field to the Parent Account Global Field by means of Field reference Option.

Please mark this as best answer if this solution solves your requirements.

This was selected as the best answer
MaheemSamMaheemSam
Deepak Dinesh its working I am testing few other scenarios your suggestion help me very much 
Hi MaheemSam,
 Thanks for your response.

Can you mark this as the best answer to help the other users in the Community?