function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Derek Cassese 9Derek Cassese 9 

How to build a Flow from Community to create a external object Record

Usually a very quick 5 min task for me to build out a flow to create some records of particular objects.  This time I want to do this from a Community and I want to cereate a record from a external object.  The flow runs but never creates the record.  

Result
A record is ready to be created when the next screen, pause, or local action is executed or when the interview finishes.
{!vRecordID} = null

What do I need to do for a external object to get ths to work?
Team NubesEliteTeam NubesElite
Hi Derek,
External objects need to be sorted by their external Id field in order to render results after a query. This was NOT mentioned in any documentation that was found but instead was discovered.

Thank You
www.nubeselite.com
Development | Training | Consulting

Please mark this as a solution if your problem resolved.
freddie fredyfreddie fredy
Collecting data and performing operations in your org or an external system. Flow can fetch, delete, update and create records on multiple objects. ... be created automatically when a button is clicked on Account object. This can be achieved by creating a flow and accessing the flow using a custom button.

>> https://www.uwgw.org
Derek Cassese 9Derek Cassese 9
I still can not get this to work.  All I want to do is enter 4 tezt fields and use them to create a record in my Org that is a external object.  I don't want to do a Update, or a Get.  All I want to do is a Create.  What am I missing here.  I keep getting this 

Result
A record is ready to be created when the next screen, pause, or local action is executed or when the interview finishes.

The record never gets created and I get no errors on the screen.  I can create one of these records using the New button with same user with no issue.