function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James BengelJames Bengel 

user license limits in developer edition org

We are beginning work on several new projetcs and are evaluating which platforms are best suited to what types of applicaitons. Salesforce is a populr choice among our team, but the agency has not yet procured it.  We want to collaboate on a few proofs of concept, and since I alreayd had a developer edition org, I was hoping to add the other 3 members o fmy team to it so that we would all be looking at the same thing. I could only create one addiitonal user with a Salesforce license, however, before that optoins disappeared form the available selectoins in the drop down.  Salesforce Platform was the only choice that looked even similar to it, and without that license the System Admin profile isn't available either.

So did I miss something, or is there a limit to the number of Salesforce users you can have in a DE org? And if so, is it possible to clone an existing profile under the Salesforce Platform license that can be granted sufficient permissions to do development work?

If we all have to get a unique instance and work in silos, it's not the end of the world (that's how the other two PaaS platforms we use work, and we've managed so far ).  It just seemed like working in a single instance where everybnody was level set would make it easier to get everybody up to speed at more or less the same rate.  Everything we do seems to be a learn-as-you-go proposition, so the more we cna collaborate the quicker we all start being productive.