function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nashle PakNashle Pak 

Does salesforce perform well for millions of data records?

Hello to all,

Do you know if Salesforce is performing well for organizations with millions of records?

Specifically, if I have 6 million contacts in Salesforce, can global search succeed?

I wanted to do tests on my Trailhead organization but could not load more than 4,200 contacts ... Limit trailhead environments. The demonstration environments (dev, unlimited, ...) do not allow to import data with dataloader.

If you have any measures to communicate to me or articles to follow me to complete my documentation before sale, it would be great :-).

Regards,
Brice
Best Answer chosen by Nashle Pak
Joseph Hassan 7Joseph Hassan 7
Hi Nashie,

Salesforce performs very well for us with Millions of records.  For example, we load 300K Leads every month not to mention the millions of accounts and related data.

The key here is that you need to strategize your data structure/segmentation to take advantage of the pre-indexed fields as much as possible.  For example, there are out of the box natively indexed fields such as Picklist fields, Record Types.

This will help with performance response when running reports and list views that take advantage of these indexed fields.  

Of course, if you do run into an issue then you can always reach out to Salesforce to apply an index to a particular field.  However, that is a last resort in my opinion.