function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nevin O'Regan 3Nevin O'Regan 3 

Autolaunch Flow To Update Lookup Field

Hi guys,

I'm looking to build an Autolaunch Flow which will update a lookup field in the OpportunityLineItemsSchedule object when a field has been update on another object.
I have created a custom object Pronto__c which is a placeholder for inbound data from an external database. I have a custom field on this object called LineItemScheduleId__c. The data coming from the external database also includes the recordId of the OpportunityLineItemSchedule record. Once the LineItemScheduleId__c is updated I want the Pronto__c record to link the the correct OpportunityLineItemSchedule record.
Can anyone guide me with the correct steps I need to take to get this to work using Flow and Process Builder?
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nevin,

Greetings to you!

Please refer to the below links which might help you.

https://www.rightpoint.com/thought/2016/03/20/using-process-builder-and-an-auto-launched-visual-flow-to-create-and-or-update-existing-records

https://www.sfdcpanther.com/create-update-records-using-process-builder-and-auto-launched-lightning-flow/

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Nevin O'Regan 3Nevin O'Regan 3
Guys I'm still stuck on this. All of the resources that I am finding only display how I can either create a child record or update a lookup field where a junction object exists between both objects.
The fact that I am working with OpportunityLineItemSchedule is restricting me from referencing it in the process builder. 
I need to be able to update the custom lookup field on the OpportunityLineItemSchedule with the Pronto__c record, when the Pronto record has either been created or updated. The OpportunityLineItemScheduleId will be on the Pronto record as a text field.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am running out of steam on this one.