function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Millie WiseMillie Wise 

Error message when creating invoice

When I click create invoice, I get an error message saying "Value for c2g__Dimension1__c from record a7124000000GoBaAAK does not reference an existing record." 
Andrew GAndrew G
Find the record in question, check the value in Dimension1 field and confirm that the record has not been deleted.  Less likely, based on the error message, is that permissions are not enabled for the user to that record.  (I would expect an error more related to permission/access).

Easiest way to find the offending record, copy the ID and place it at the end of your URL stub - 
e.g.

https://myOrg--productionURL.lightning.force.com/a7124000000GoBaAAK

Regards
Andrew
Millie WiseMillie Wise
Hi Andrew, thank you for your response.

I went to the offending record, but there is no field for Dimension 1 on it. Note that I can raise invoices fine for all other billing contracts, just not this product.

There also shouldn't be any permission issues as I am administrator.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi Millie

Staying with that offending record, check all fields that have a lookup to another record.  Perhaps the lookup field to Dimension1 has another name.
Also, Can you edit and save the offending record without error?

Regards
Andrew

Millie WiseMillie Wise
Hi Andrew, I looked for any lookup fields to Dimension 1 and can't find any. I went to the object and did a control find but nothing there either. Yes I can edit and save the offending record :(