function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cora GuerrierCora Guerrier 

Help with a formula field. I am brand new to Sales Force

I would like to create a check box field thiat is automatically checked base upon the values of two other feilds on the same object.  If the 'project type' pick list feild does not equal 'Windows' and a check box field 'Electrican Required' is unchecked I would like a new check box field I named  'Shutter Permit' to be checked.  I tried reading the formula documentation and came up with something like this as a formula, but I have no idea what I am doing... can someone help me?

If (((Contains(Project_Type__c,"Windows") && ISBLANK(xProject_ElectricianApplies__c)), True, null)
Gregory Kriadis 8Gregory Kriadis 8
The following formula should solve that for you. Just be sure to set Shutter_Permit__c to be a forumla field of type checkbox.
AND( NOT(ISPICKVAL(Project_Type__c, 'Windows')), xProject_ElectricianApplies__c = false )

By the way, you do not need to check for null values on a checkbox field. Checkbox fields can never be null; they are either checked or unchecked and can be set to default to one or the other.
lottery sambadlottery sambad
Nagaland State lottery Sambad (https://www.minds.com/lotterysambadtoday/blog/nagaland-state-lottery-results-dear-honesty-morning-11-55-am-1048475782100951040) is one of the 13 state which has the authority to host legal lotteries. Sambhar, the morning lottery of Nagaland is popular. People in and around Nagaland get a great chance to try their luck and win cash.