function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vivian Ho 9Vivian Ho 9 

Junction Object (how to insert multiple records of 1 custom object relate to multiple accounts in one go)

I want to create a many-to-many relationship between Accounts and  a custom object “Package”

The data model is like
Company A (account): package01,02,03 (Package)
Company B(account): package01,02 (Package)
Company C(account): package03,04,05 (Package)
……

I have created a Junction Object “Package Linkage to Account” (as i want to link up the above 2 objects), it looks the object “Package Linkage to Account” is something i want,  but i come across to an issue inserting multiple records of one package under multiple accounts at a time.

Right now I can insert 1 record of 1 package (under the Master-Detail(Package)) and associate it with 1 Account (under the Master-Detail(Account) in the “Package Linkage to Account” layout.

But my intention is to input 1 package under multiple accounts at one time in the layout (i know data loader could help to load multiple rows data in one go), but i would like to achieve the same using the salesforce UI (say user can search the Accounts under the ‘search’ pop up screen and then selected multiple accounts at one time in the web UI)

I am not sure if there is existing fields/buttons to select multiple Accounts under custom object in one go. I am wondering if i need to further work on ‘Flow’ or new custom ‘List button’ to do this job (but i am not so good at coding). Appreciate if anyone could help to advise on how to insert multiple records under custom object relate to multiple Account in one go via UI (I am quite new to salesforce and can’t figure out the way after googling...). Thank you!