function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Internal PartnerInternal Partner 

Not able to add a custom field to a report type

I have read every possible thread where some have or had the problem that some fields are not being displayed for reports even if the System Admin has Edit permissions on the field or the field is on the layout of the object.

I have built a report with Account as the primary object and following relationships:
User-added image

Account and Object B have a Master-Detail relationship. Object B and C as well. B and C are custom objects.
I would like to add a custom field which is in the object C, say, Name. Name__c is a text field, a custom field.
When building the report type I don't have any chance to add Name__c to the report type. It appears on the right side under C fields as greyed out. No chance to add it. I don't know why.

The field is visible to the Admin, also added on the page layout of the C object. The field is also not blocked via permission set.

But when I build a report type having B and C, the Name__c field appears for selection.

Can someone explain to me what is going on here?
Boss CoffeeBoss Coffee
If it's greyed out on the right, did you verify that the field isn't already present in the layout?
The field is present in the layout.
User-added image
Boss CoffeeBoss Coffee
I apologize, I may not have understood the question. If it's greyed out, it usually means it's already on the layout and is available to select when making a report of that report type.

In this case, are you saying that it's greyed out and is on the layout, but when building a report of that report type you are still unable to select that field?
Boss Coffee, thanks for your efforts trying to help me. I could find the Name__c in the list of fields for filtering, but what is weird it doesn't appear under C but under ACCOUNT for selection, that was confusing me. I could create my report as expected, anyway. Weird thing.