function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross McLeodRoss McLeod 

Look up on Flow Form

Hi

I'm new to salesforce and have been working on a flow to update a custom object with an Account. What I have done is to create a simple flow with a form element which I have a lookup input on.  However I am having trouble getting the form to work.

My expectation is that when the form loads I will get a field that would allow me search for an account that exists within my org.

form setup
It is my understanding that:

API Name - is the name for this component on this form
Field API Name - is the name of the object field, so in this case is Name, but could have been another field on the Account object so long as it's searchable
Label - Is what shows on the form next to the component
Object API Name - is the API name of the object I want to search for. In this case Account, but could have been a custom object Something_c 
Record Id - The object I want the look up value stored in.  I have a salesLead object with an account look up. 
Required - Would be if I wanted this to be validated as a required field

I have set up a record set of accounts. with the API name accounts as I thought I may need that but this doesn't work when I've tried using that in the lookup set up.

What I am finding is that when I run my flow the form loads but the Lookup is blank and does not search for any values. 

Please can someone point out where I've gone wrong, or if what I'm trying to do is not possible?

Thanks

ParthibanVParthibanV
Hi,

Please refer my repo, I have created an example.

https://github.com/parthiban019/Flow-with-Lookup-field

Ross McLeodRoss McLeod
Hi

Thanks for responding with an example. If I understand rightly it is a screen which has a lookup control which allows you to select from ALL accounts in the org and then update the client record which is the client where the flow was launched from?

Problem seems to be that I'm missing something fundamental about how flows work as I still can't get this to work even though it seems fairly straight forward.

The difference from what I can see is that in order to use Debug I created a recordId variable which I then use to select the record I want to debug. If this is not the best way to debug please let me know.

What I have is:

Sale Lead Variable
Sales Lead Variable

Get Element
Sales Lead Get Element

Form
User-added image

Running In Debug
User-added image

Flow
flow

As you can see when it runs in debug the sales lead is populated with the record I want. However what I'm not getting is that when I type ABC in to the select account form it's not searching and giving me records?

The Client control above it I use as a test. This is populated from a record set of available clients. I have not done anything further on my flow as I wanted to limit what I could be doing wrong.

Hope this makes sense. I feel that I am missing something fundamental about flows which is stopping this from working.