function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erik SoelaksanaErik Soelaksana 

Testing a process that triggers on update

Hi!

I'm trying to get information of a custom object related to an account. To do this, I've created a flow and a process, of which the process should trigger on an update to the custom object.

When I edit a random field of the custom object, the process either does not trigger or does not work. I've got 2 questions:

1. Does any change to an object qualify as an "Update", or is "Update" more narrowly defined?
2. If it does not qualify, how would I go about testing such a process/flow?

Apologies if this is the wrong topic and regards,

Erik 
Best Answer chosen by Erik Soelaksana
Debajyoti DhalDebajyoti Dhal
Hi Erik,

Answers for the raised questions.

1. Yes, any change to the object will do the update action if you have selected 'when a record is created or edited' in the Start the Process.
2. If you have provided any criteria for executing actions, please make sure all your update action should meet those criteria.
3. You can use debug log to find the sequence of execution of the process. Refer the attached screenshot of the debug log of a process execution.Process debug
Thanks,
Debajyoti

All Answers

Debajyoti DhalDebajyoti Dhal
Hi Erik,

Answers for the raised questions.

1. Yes, any change to the object will do the update action if you have selected 'when a record is created or edited' in the Start the Process.
2. If you have provided any criteria for executing actions, please make sure all your update action should meet those criteria.
3. You can use debug log to find the sequence of execution of the process. Refer the attached screenshot of the debug log of a process execution.Process debug
Thanks,
Debajyoti
This was selected as the best answer
Erik SoelaksanaErik Soelaksana
Thank you Debajyoti.