function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter CowenPeter Cowen 

adding two number fields together

I have created a visualforce page to allow our first line support team to escalate to the 2nd line team. 

When a ticket is escalated we require them to record the time spent on the ticket and have a custom field called time spent and it is set as a number. 

Is there a way to add a field onto the visualforce page that isn't a field on the case but when they enter the time spent it increases the value in the field time spent? 

I have had a look and I cannot seem to find a way to do it
vijay kumar kvijay kumar k
Hi Peter

For visualising you can use n no of field at a time but if you want store that value you have to create a new field every time.
In your case based on extra field you want some calculate changes in time spent field if this is correct you can cover logic in code otherwise please explain with example.
Bcz I'm not getting when they enter the time spent it increases the value in the field time spent? 

Peter CowenPeter Cowen

Hi vijay Kumar k,

thank you for getting back to me.

to give you some background we have a field on the ticket that allows us to record the amount of time we spend on each ticket. The page I am creating allows the l1 engineers to escalate the ticket to l2 where they need to record the time.

I was looking for a way to be able to add a field that is just on the Vf page (format as number) that when the page is saved it increases the time spent field by the value entered in the field on the page.

any assistance would be appreciated. 

vijay kumar kvijay kumar k
Hi Peter

Why don't you use HTML tags to store the input values on the VF page only, so no need to create a custom field.  After you can plan to take that value to an apex and add.