+ Start a Discussion
StephenCraneStephenCrane 

Troubleshooting System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded With Marketo + Process Builder

Hey there! We're getting the below errors on various PB's they all have the same theme. We're Marketo users, which has a sync every 2-4 minutes. We don't actually have that many Apex Triggers, and anything we do have would be with a managed package anyways. I think part of the problem is our Process Builders and Workflows - but how could I troubleshoot what exactly is the issue? Debug Logs? What settings do I set that up with, and how do I interpret the results? Thanks!

Error Occurred: The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: mkto_si.RemoveInterestingMomentLinebreaksLead: System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.---The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: mkto_si.RemoveInterestingMomentLinebreaksLead: System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.