function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael MansourMichael Mansour 

Switch to salesforce Lightning - for users only

Hello,

I'm trying to swtich all the users to lightning expirence and not go back to classic, but I would like to leave the admin users to be able switch back to classic as they need
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

Greetings to you!

You can use the Switch Users tool in the Lightning Experience Transition Assistant to assign the new interface as a user’s default experience.
  1. Transition Assistant. From Setup in Salesforce Classic, click Get Started in the Lightning Experience Transition Assistant tile at the top of the menu.
  2. Select the Roll Out phase.
  3. Click Launch Lightning Experience to expand the stage.
  4. Click Switch Users next to Make Lightning Experience the default interface.
    You see at a glance which users have permission to access Lightning Experience and are eligible to switch, which users are already using Lightning Experience as their default environment, and which users can’t be switched because they don’t have the Lightning Experience User permission yet.
  5. Click the Selection button in the Switch Users to Lightning Experience tool button next to the users you want to switch.
  6. Save your selections.
You can’t use this tool to switch users back to Salesforce Classic. But users can switch themselves as needed, using the Switcher in their profile menus.

When you enable Lightning Experience, users with the Lightning Experience User permission automatically get the Switcher. The Switcher lets users move back and forth between the new and classic Salesforce interfaces. But you can remove the Switcher for designated users.

From Setup, create a permission set that includes the Hide Option to Switch to Salesforce Classic permission then assign the permission set to the desired users. Or, enable the permission in a custom profile to remove the Switcher from everyone in that profile.

User-added image

Users see Lightning Experience the next time they log in to Salesforce. They no longer see the Switch to Salesforce Classic link.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_enable_users_disable_switcher.htm&type=5 (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_enable_users_disable_switcher.htm&type=5)

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Michael MansourMichael Mansour
Hi Khan, Thank you for the reply. The information is very helpful, the thing is that I have already done but I can see some users still are able to witch back to Classic even though I have check the "Hide option to switch to Salesforce Classic " from their profile and with a permission set as well.
Best Regards
Michael

Devi ChandrikaDevi Chandrika (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,
Users with the system administrator profile or assigned one of the following permissions see the Switch to Salesforce Classic link even when the Hide Option to Switch to Salesforce Classic permission is enabled: Customize Application, Modify All Data, or Manage Users.
Check on the profile of the user if he has these permssions or not.User should not have these permissions inorder to hide switch to salesforce classic option

Please refer below link which might help you further.
https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer17/release-notes/rn_general_lex_hide_switcher.htm

Hope this helps you!