function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmericEmeric 

Split Opportunity Amount into multiple Records (Custom Object)

Hi,

The problem that I have is that when an opportunity is closed, not all the Amount will come into the business in the Closed Date Financial Year.

As a solution, I was thinking of creating a separate Custom Object to track the Annual Value of the opportunity.

Opp Annual Value
Financial Year

In order to calculate the Opp Annual Value, I would count the number of months in that FY and * by the Opp Amount/Duration in Months.

In terms of the Financial Year, that is a picklist. 16/17, 17/18, 18/19,. etc. Is there an easy way to assign these values?

Should this be written as a Trigger or as a Class?

Thanks,

emeric.
Anthony McDougaldAnthony McDougald
Hello Emeric,
Hope that your day is off to an amazing start. Your approach sounds great! We recommend creating a custom object and then creating a process builder or Trigger that would automatically create a record when the opportunity is changed and store all amount information on that new said object. You can use the creation date of the record to keep track of which financial year it was in and create reports with ease. Hope this helps and please feel free to ask questions if you need further assistance. May God bless you abundantly.
Best Regards,
Anthony McDougald
EmericEmeric
Hi Anthony,
The issue is that one opportunity will go over a few years, so not sure if I can create this with a process builder.