function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel AngelisDaniel Angelis 

How can I trigger a task to be automatically at the time a case is created when a specific case reason is selected? For some reason, the task layout I created cannot be selected within process builder?

How can I trigger a task to be automatically at the time a case is created when a specific case reason is selected?  For some reason, the task layout I created within the task object cannot be selected within process builder?  Process builder only allows me to select the task object, not the layouts within the object.

Furthermore, it is not clear how a quick action task is created from process builder?  What is best practice?
Anthony McDougaldAnthony McDougald
Hello Daniel,
Hope that your day is off to an amazing start. We recommend creating the process on the Case object and having it creating a task as an immediate action rather than the reverse. Hope this helps and please feel free to ask questions if you need further assistance. May God bless you abundantly.
Best Regards,
Anthony McDougald
Daniel AngelisDaniel Angelis
Thank you, I figured out what I did incorrectly.  May science enlighten your mind.