function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael ChernyetskyMichael Chernyetsky 

How to hide certain fields in different contact lists according to the lead source.

Hello!

I have different lead sources and i need certain fields hidden in regards to what contact list the lead pushes too. For example, if i receive a lead from Zillow the lead source will be Zillow.. i need specific and certain fields visible in the Zillow Contact list that i want hidden in other contact lists. 
Another example, Zillow provides 1 number when a lead inqures, other lead sources provide multiple numbers. Other lead sources give me 4-5 numbers for example, in that case i have 4-5 slots to enter in the mobile or phone that will be visible to my agents. I want 1 number field avaiable and the rest hidden for different lists and lead sources.

I hope this makes sense.
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Michael,
  1. According to me you should create a record type Specifically for lead source "Zillow" and then you can configure a Page layout for this recordtype. This would be your first step.
  2. Then You need to create a trigger which will assign record type when lead soruce equals to "Zillow". That's it.
Now when your consultant visiting lead it will show only fields which you have configured for lead source "Zillow".

Please let me know if you need futher assistance. We can diretly connect on my gmail.
Thanks
Hemant
Email : sonihemant.jaipur@gmail.com