function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anil kumar devunoorianil kumar devunoori 

Strage Issues while creating Managed Package with few lightning components. Aura Component and JS Controller and Helper files are not resolving the API names of custom object and custom fields

Aura Component and JS Controller and Helper files are not resolving the API names of custom object  and custom fields

In one of our Partner Dev Org, I am working on an application, after development and testing, I created a managed package

The steps I followed:
  • Developed code(Aura components, Apex Controllers) and created custom objects
  • After testing, Created unmanaged package and deployed in sandboxes and tested and working fine. 
    • Observed that Lightning component with lightning datatable is displaying data in all columns
  • Created managed released package by defining namespace and also chosing the above already tested unmanaged package. It created managed package successfully
    •  Observed Lightning component with lightning datatable is not displaying data in non of columns
    • It even didn't work in Package Development Org(Partner Dev Org)
    • It didnt work in subscriber org
I am able to locate and find the root cause of the issue after spending 4 hours today:
The root cause is: 
Aura Component and JS Controller and Helper files are not resolving the API names of custom object  and custom fields

Sample Code blocks from Application Code:

Component
<aura:attribute name="addrList" access="global" type="Account_Address__c[]"/>
<aura:attribute name="filteredAddrList" access="global" type="Account_Address__c[]"/>

<lightning:datatable data="{!v.filteredAddrList}"                              
                             class="slds-m-top_medium"    
                             columns="{!v.columns}"                             
                             keyField="addressUniqueNumber__c"  
                             selectedRows="{!v.existingAddresses}"
                             sortedBy="{!v.sortedBy}"
                             sortedDirection="{!v.sortedDirection}"
                             onrowaction="{!c.navToMap}"
                             onrowselection="{!c.rowSelection}"
                             onsort="{!c.updateColumnSorting}" />

Javascript Controller and Helper code:

var actions = [
            { label: 'Details', name: 'show_details' }
        ]; 
        component.set('v.columns', [    
            {label:'Street', fieldName: 'Street__c', sortable : true, type:'text', initialWidth: 300, sortable: true},            
            {label:'City', fieldName: 'City__c', type: 'text', initialWidth: 300, sortable : true}
        ]);

var selectedRows = component.get("v.existingItems");
        selectedRows.forEach(function(item){            
            var newRequest = {
                Street__c: item
            };
            newRequest.sobjectType  = 'Account_Address__c';
            items.push(newRequest);
        });

Above code snippets refer below custom objects and custom fields:

Custom Object: Account_Address__c
Custom Fields: addressUniqueNumber__c, Street__c, City__c

Workaround: I did the changes and added package namespace prfix to all above custom object and fields names. Then the issue got resolved and the data is displayed in table.

addrverifyx__
Account_Address__c
addrverifyx__addressUniqueNumber__c, 
addrverifyx__Street__c, 
addrverifyx__City__c

It worked fine in both Package dev org and subcriber org. I dont this is the correct solution. There may be some other reason it is not working.

I searched many salesforce expert developer community forums and I didnt find the similar issues.

Is this the correct solution? 
Why it is failing to resolve the api names?