function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mansi PalavMansi Palav 

Can we wait for the approval process to get completed and then continue the remaining flow in salesforce?

Best Answer chosen by Mansi Palav
Bhawana Mehta SFDCBhawana Mehta SFDC
that is only possible if you split this flow into two seperate flow.

a) create a custom field on You record to identify if the record is Approved or Reject, it would be a picklist.
b) In first flow, just submit the record and end it.
c) When that record is approved or rejected, Approval status field will be updated on your record
b) Now Create a PB(process builder) on your Record and checks if a record is approved or rejected( this will be your criteria in PB).
Based on Approval status you can carrry out necessary action. You can also call flow from PB.

Thw key here is to break down your process into multiple flow and Process Builder.

All Answers

can you elaborate a bit more?
Mansi PalavMansi Palav
Hello,
I have implemented one flow which contains decision component which checks whether the status is approve or reject before this decision component I have placed Action (submit approval process). but this approval process is not waiting for the user to approve or reject. When the approval process is in pending state the decision component gets implemented but I want that the user should approve or reject and after that the decision component should work.
that is only possible if you split this flow into two seperate flow.

a) create a custom field on You record to identify if the record is Approved or Reject, it would be a picklist.
b) In first flow, just submit the record and end it.
c) When that record is approved or rejected, Approval status field will be updated on your record
b) Now Create a PB(process builder) on your Record and checks if a record is approved or rejected( this will be your criteria in PB).
Based on Approval status you can carrry out necessary action. You can also call flow from PB.

Thw key here is to break down your process into multiple flow and Process Builder.
This was selected as the best answer
Mansi PalavMansi Palav
Ok. Thank You So Much for Your Help:)
Mansi PalavMansi Palav
Hi,
I did as you said I created a process builder who is calling an another flow i.e auto launched flow after ending the flow which contains action (submit for approval). But when status is becoming approve or reject through approval process then the process builder is not automatically triggering the auto launch flow. I checked triggering the auto launch flow individually then it worked but through approval process it is not working.