function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott Reid 1Scott Reid 1 

How to delete data associated with deleted object?

How do you delete orphaned data associated with a deleted object?  I checked Storage Used and it shows 96% of my data is consumed by an object I deleted.  I downloaded Data Loader, but the object consuming the storage doesn't show up.  I also tried the Mass Delete Records and the deleted object doesn't show up there either.  This is a developer edition w/ 5MB limit.
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi Scott, 

May seem silly, but have you tried empty the recyle bin?

Also, apparently, snipped from this thread:
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gouFAAQ
"When you delete a custom object, Salesforce does not add it to the Recycle Bin. Instead, deleted objects appear in the Deleted Objects list for 15 days. During this time, the object and its data are soft deleted, meaning you can restore or permanently erase (hard delete) the object and its data. After 15 days, the object and its data are automatically hard deleted.
Soft-deleted custom objects and their data count against your organization’s limits; hard-deleted items do not."

HTH
Regards
Andrew
Scott Reid 1Scott Reid 1
Thanks for responding. Part of the problem is the Recycle Bin doesn't show up when I search Setup. I couldn't find anywhere to do a hard delete of all the items that are staged for deletion after 15 days. Just seems like I don't have that option. I was thinking the problem was that I started with the trial version of Salesforce and then merged it with a Developer edition. I don't know, just guessing. *Scott Reid* *|* *Application Developer* Miller Electric Company (407) 625-5208 mobile *www.mecojax.com *
Andrew GAndrew G
To find the Recycle Bin, switch to Classic, it should be down the left handside below Recent Items.  Then select Organisation go Empty.

I seem to have an issue finding it (recyle bin) under lightning also in my Dev Org also.

Regards
Andrew
Scott Reid 1Scott Reid 1
Ok. I found the recycling bin following your instructions. I deleted the single item in the bin. After that I checked back under System Overview and it still shows "139%...contact us to obtain additional storage". I waited a few minutes and refreshed and it still shows the same thing. Thanks for your help finding the recycling bin. I was scratching my head on that one. *Scott Reid* *|* *Application Developer* Miller Electric Company (407) 625-5208 mobile *www.mecojax.com *
Andrew GAndrew G
Ok, 
The other memory I have is that the calculation of storage is asynchronous.  The count of records is apparently quick (near instantaneous) but the storage calculation takes some time.  Basically, give it 24 hours and check again. 

Not the best answer, but see how you go.

Regards
Andrew