function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer LariviereJennifer Lariviere 

validation to prevent users from updating standard user fields

Not having any success creating a Validation Rule on User to prevent the update of the standard User field "Title".
Best Answer chosen by Jennifer Lariviere
SarvaniSarvani
Hi Jennifer,

Create a validation rule like below on the user object:

For example the below formula will prevent all the users except "System Admin profile" (Since I am using Profile Id of system admin) users to edit "title" field on user record.
ProfileId != '00ef4000001sg2ZABC' && ISCHANGED( Title )
You can replace and add more profiles which you want to prevent from editing with your orgs Profile Ids.

Note: Please make sure your validation rule is active and no other similar validation rules are in place.

Hope this helps! Please mark as best if it does.

Thanks

All Answers

SarvaniSarvani
Hi Jennifer,

Create a validation rule like below on the user object:

For example the below formula will prevent all the users except "System Admin profile" (Since I am using Profile Id of system admin) users to edit "title" field on user record.
ProfileId != '00ef4000001sg2ZABC' && ISCHANGED( Title )
You can replace and add more profiles which you want to prevent from editing with your orgs Profile Ids.

Note: Please make sure your validation rule is active and no other similar validation rules are in place.

Hope this helps! Please mark as best if it does.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Jennifer LariviereJennifer Lariviere
Thanks!  You confirmed what I finally figured out!!
Mukhia Vidya KiranMukhia Vidya Kiran
For the benefit of others, you can get the profile ID by executing the query - SELECT Name, ID FROM Profile in Query Editor. (Setup > DevConsole > Query Editor)