function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wayne CWayne C 

How can I find where a screen flow is launched?

I have a set of flows from a previous admin, and I'm trying to find how those screen flows are launched.   Is there a way to tell if they are attached to a button, or a visual force page or some other way?   Is it possible to query this via soql so I can get a list of flows and their related launch points?   Hope that makes sense.   

I'll need to move these flows to a new org, but that org won't have the identical schema.  I need to know how the screen flows are launched so I can replicate this action in a new org with a different schema. 

TIA for your help

Best Answer chosen by Wayne C
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
If you can create a new sandbox (copy of the production org by default), you can delete the flows and you will get the warnings and the used visual force pages.

The problem is for the buttons used by layouts that don't prevent the deletion of the flows (no warnings).

You need to download all the metadata (xml files) and search into them your flows by their names with a text editor.

The problem is to get a complete package.xml because you want to search everywhere.

This extension works fine for VSCODE https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VignaeshRamA.sfdx-package-xml-generator

If you never used a package.xml before, it is complicated at first to generate it but it is always usefull for many tasks of impact assessments.