function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arash RahnArash Rahn 

Process builder create task

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build an automated task using process builder when opportunity is on the specific stage. However, I have a problem with field picker. I want to assign this task to opportunity owner / the person created that opportunity.

User-added image
PRAKASH JADA 13PRAKASH JADA 13
AssignedToId --> Field Reference --> [Opportunity].Owner.Id (Flow: opportunity --> field ownere Id --> User Id). It will assign the oppotunity owner Id. I hope this hleps.
Arash RahnArash Rahn
Hi, Prakash, can you elaborate more? what is on the paranthesis?
Is it just Assigned To Id --> Field Reference --> [Opportunity].Owner.Id  ?
User-added image

I think this what you are asking for right?
Arash RahnArash Rahn
Ya, I tried the picture you showed, but the task is not created.
1. Is the opportunity record that you are using is meeting the criteria that you used in process builder?
2. Is the process builder activated?
Arash RahnArash Rahn
User-added image
User-added image

Yes, I do not think any problem with other conditions.
The process is activated.
Created a process builder like thisUser-added image

Condition: Type = New customer

User-added image

Task Detials to create a task

User-added image

Created Opportunity and if you see it created one open Activity.

It is working fine. Please check that your version of process builder is active. and if there are any process builders on opportunity check them before you create an opportunity.

Arash RahnArash Rahn
Hi Prakash, I tried many times but it didnt work. However, if I also add related to ID--> Opportunity ID
It works. Do you know why?
check for Related to field in Task if is required then you have to assign the Id--> Opportunity Id.
Arash RahnArash Rahn
Thank you anyway for your help. It is not required field. However, without that, task is not created.
SarvaniSarvani
Hi Arash,

I have tested your scenario. In your process builder you are setting upt Assignedto, Priority, Status fields. This will create a task but you can see these tasks only when you navigate to Tasks tab or query on task object like :
Select id,Subject, Whoid,Whatid,OwnerId, createddate from task order by createddate desc
For the above tasks you will not see either whoId or WhatId populated as you are not setting this fields in your PB using Relatedto field. 

Try like below:
If you want to find your task tagged to the opportunity which triggered the change you need to populate your "Related To ID" field (Refer image below)  in task of your processbuilder. In that way a task will be created under an opportunity activity list with whatid populated.

User-added image
Hope this helps! Please mark as best answer if it does

Thanks

Arash RahnArash Rahn
Hi Sarvani, if I do not populate the "Related To ID" field, even if I go to the Task tab, no task is created. But if I add "Related to ID" it works and task is created. However, there is a difference between process builder and workflow. If I create the task using Workflow, once the task is created, it also gives me a "Red notification" that this task assigned to me. Nonetheless, this option doesnt exist in process builder. In fact, I receive no notification. I only can see the task below the opportunity in the activity section. Do you have any idea about that?