function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Albee Dela Cruz 7Albee Dela Cruz 7 

Flow Error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: AccountId

I have a flow that creates a case record complete with all the required fields in our org.

A user got this error today when in fact he should not have any problems (with permissions) as he can manually create a case in the same account using the same information on the required fields below:

CREATE RECORDS: CreateCase
Create one Case record where:
AccountId = {!var_account_accountdetails.Id} (0012H00001ZmaQ5QAJ)
Case_Severity__c = {!var_input_caseseverity} (Level 4 - Medium)
ContactId = {!var_contact_inputcasecontactdetails.Id} (0032H000029n6cZQAQ)
Contact_ID__c = {!var_input_caseincontactid} (124264755996)
Description = {!var_input_casedescription} (Blah blah blah)
RecordTypeId = {!var_input_caserecordtypeid} (01280000000UEY8AAO)
Status = New
Subject = {!var_input_casesubject} (Blah blah blab)
Result
Failed to create record.

Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: AccountId. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_calls_concepts_core_data_objects.htm" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline).

Salesforce Error ID: 1800926596-101921 (1807610849)

User-added image

Marta Herrero 5Marta Herrero 5
Hi,

I am having same error. Did you find out the solution?
Albee Dela Cruz 7Albee Dela Cruz 7
Turns out they do not have permissions updating the field indicated in the error.
Marta Herrero 5Marta Herrero 5
I just found the reason. 
The Account ID in my case, was a Lookup field inside Cases, with  "Read Only" access to the profile that was trying to run the flow. Changing it, the flow now is working as well as the System Admin role.