function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Xavier MametXavier Mamet 

Using SAML out of SSO context

Hi all,

I would like to implement the following functionnality.

Users are working in Salesforce, and at some point they need to authenticate again to access some restricted features. Let's say I have a VF page, I click on a button which is going to update some objects ONLY if my credentials are valid.

For that purpose I would like to use SAML protocol in order to send an AuthnRequest to ADFS. Depending on the response sent back by ADFS, users are allowed to go ahead with the button (for instance).

I have started to write an Apex method to perform an HTTP callout to ADFS, and it seems to work (I assume that my AuthnRequest is well formatted - online saml parser told me so - and the response code = 200).

But I am stuck at this point. I do not know how to go further. Should I write another apex class to create an endpoint so that ADFS sends the response to it? How the response is related to the initial request?

My problem is that I can find lots and lots of resources about how to configure SAML for SSO, but in fact I want to implement SAML requests/responses for NOT SSO!
Anyone has some resources to share on this topic?

Thanks

Xavier