function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohamed IthrisMohamed Ithris 

Which is best Aura or Lightning Web Component

Hello Guys,

My organization going to Migrate From Classic to Lightning.What is Salesforce recommentaion is it Aura or LWC?

I hope both we can able to achieve our requirenment.

Is there any document from salesforce side regarding this?

Thanks
Mohamed Ithris
Arpit Pathak 7Arpit Pathak 7
Hi Ithris,

The Aura and LWC both can deliver output in the same way, I would recommend Lightning Web Components because it's new and faster than Aura Components. Since salesforce is emphasizing on SLDS and CSS grid driven approach in future, Lightning Web Components are easier to implement and follow the web standards that are relevant to modern web development frameworks.  
You can refer to the article below:

https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/2019/02/working-with-aura-and-lightning-web-components-interoperability-and-migration.html

Please mark this answer as best if you find it helpful.
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ithris,

As Arpit has rightly pointed out the lightning components and lightning web components both achieve the results the same way.

Adding to the above advantages I would also like to state the following:

>> Web components allow you to combine UI and processing. To create a web application, you still need security, access to server services/ data. This is where Lightning web components come into place. Salesforce Lightning web components provide these additional capabilities (security, lightning data service). With these, we can create standard web components that can interact and work with the Salesforce Lightning platform.

>>Using LWC would make your implementation future proof

>>As you go forward it would be important to consider future-proofing the implementation so that it can be improved as the framework grows.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thank you!

Warm regards!
Shirisha Pathuri

Gary RalstonGary Ralston
Hi Mohamed,

The choice between Aura and Lightning Web Components ultimately depends on the specific requirements and use cases of a project.
Aura is the original framework for building Lightning components and is well-established, with a rich feature set and a large community of developers. Aura components are built using a combination of JavaScript and markup.

On the other hand, Lightning Web Component is a new framework that uses modern web development standards such as custom elements, templates, shadow DOM and ECMAScript 7. It is designed to be faster, lighter and more secure than Aura, and offers to improved performance. Additionally, LWC components are native to Salesforce and are fully supported by the platform.

To build Salesforce Apps using Lightning Web Components, visit the article at https://arrify.com/salesforce-apps-with-lightning-web-components/. It provides comprehensive information on Lightning Web Components, including their advantages and applications. The article also guides you on how to build Salesforce apps with these components.