function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jugbeer BholaJugbeer Bhola 

Tab Not Suppressed

Selected
NOT
There a in-house created application where the default tab was 'Home.' The user did not like the word 'Home'  They wanted the word 'Welcome' on the tab.  It was not possible to just rename the tab.  A 'Lightning Page Tab' was created.  The tab was assigned to a App page replacing the 'Home' tab.  

The tab was given permissions to the permission sets and profiles.  The presentation of the tab was good in the sandbox.  When deployed, it had both the 'Welcome' tab and the 'Home' tab.  

The environment was checked and the only navigation items selected in the application was the new 'Welcome' tab.  Cache was cleared and still the 'Home' tab persists.  The 'Home' tab is not a selected navigation item. 

Can anyone explain why the 'Home' tab still showing? 
Naveen KNNaveen KN
I don't think we can control the Home Tab. Have gone through the salesforce documentation, I see we cannot remove the Home tab from the lightning console.

-- 
Naveen K N
Jugbeer BholaJugbeer Bhola
Naveen, Thank you for taking the time to research this.  I believe it has something to do with caching and the fact that the console wants to retain the tab.  After closing the tab multiple times and refreshing the page it eventually did not return.