function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sowmya YakkalaSowmya Yakkala 

lightning:recordEditForm - getting Error [Object Object ] for Customer Community

Hi When i am trying to edit a record  as a Community User i am getting [Object Object] error msg . But when i login as System Administrator i am able to edit and Update the Record also. And I checked Profile of Community User there is Create and Edit For Contact Object.
Can any one help me were the error is...
Here is mycode

<lightning:recordEditForm aura:id="recordEditForm"
                           objectApiName="Contact" onerror="{!c.handleError}" recordId="{!v.getrecordId}"> 
                <lightning:messages />
                                        <lightning:inputField  fieldName="Name" value="{!v.editContact.Name}"/>
                                        <lightning:inputField  fieldName="Email" value="{!v.editContact.Email}"/>
</lightning:recordEditForm>

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sowmya,

Can you please the field level security for the fields "Email" and "Name" on the Community User profile level.

Also,can you please check the org wide defaults for Contact Object for External access,if it is private then please try by changing it to Public Read/Write.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Sowmya YakkalaSowmya Yakkala
Hi Shirisha, 

Thank you for u r response. And In filed Level Security for Community Profile has Read and Edit Access but in OWD it was set to private.I think if i chnaged to Public Read/Write i can edit .But my requirement is i want to set Private in OWD .can u plz suggest any solution for it.